The Cardiopulmonary Manager coordinates and evaluates patient care and personnel work assignments to ensure patient-care standards are met. Plans and participates in the clinical development and evaluation of staff to ensure clinical competency and professional growth. Develops and implements continuous quality improvement plans and procedures to assess and improve the department.
Essential Job Duties:
· Manage overall clinical, quality, administrative, fiscal and human resources management aspects of Cardiopulmonary Services and take appropriate actions as necessary to ensure efficient and effective operations.
· Provides management to include work planning, organization and delegation.
· Work with Chief of Ambulatory Services on planning, organizing and directing Cardiopulmonary Services which include Respiratory, Cardiac and Pulmonary testing and treatments.
· Direct and participate in the development/revision implementation and communication of policies, guidelines and standards of Cardiopulmonary Services.
· Communicate appropriately and clearly to providers, staff, medical Director and Administrative team.
· Utilizes effective methods for developing and maintaining a department budget.
· Develops, evaluates and maintains an effective quality assurance program.
· Thorough knowledge of current principles, practices, techniques and terminology used in respiratory therapy, cardiology and pulmonary function fields.
· Thorough knowledge of medications, gases and equipment used in cardiopulmonary treatments and their effects on the human body.
· Assure services are following professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
· Performs procedures and treatments and provides departmental coverage as needed.
· Create and maintain best practices for the department.
· Assure initiation, follow-up and resolution of risk identification reports, patient/family or physician complaints.
· In conjunction with Chief of Ambulatory Services, establish a comprehensive professional development plan for each member of the Cardiopulmonary team to achieve and maintain the minimum acceptable standards of knowledge, skills, and abilities to include achieving and sustaining the RRT credential.
· Attend professional and educational meetings
· Educate and promote the services offered by the department to the Community, Health Providers and Staff.
· Facilitate community health programs & education
· Maintain and assist in ordering supplies and equipment for the department
· Initiate and develop programs and services that support mission of the hospital.
· Participates on hospital committees and organizational initiatives.
· Current RRT Certification
· Arizona State Respiratory Licensure
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of 3+ years in a Cardio-Pulmonary acute care setting.
· Minimum of 5+ years of relevant supervisory/management experience.
· BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications required
· 5 years of Director/Management experience in a hospital setting.
· Previous experience working in Pulmonary Rehab
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
· Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the work day; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds
· Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
· Ability to work in a fast pace environment