Assistant Vending Chef
The Assistant Vending Chef is responsible for keeping the vending machines filled with high quality, nutritious and affordable meal options for the employees and visitors to the hospital. The Assistant Vending Chef must be quick, efficient, and detail oriented.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepare salads, sandwiches, snacks, and other vending items
- Keep the vending machines cleaned and filled daily
- Keep the vending kitchen clean and organized daily
- Attention to details and quality
- Assist with catering orders as needed
Other Job Duties:
- Provide excellent customer service to vending customers as needed.
- Assist with the cleanliness of the dining area as needed.
- Assist with hospital kitchen and patient care needs as required.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to work closely with Vending Chef and Dietary Cooks.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must currently have a Maricopa County Food Handler’s Card
- Culinary experience required
- Weekends are required
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, and squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 95% of the workday. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.