The Activities Coordinator is responsible for providing meaningful and stimulating activities to patients/residents.
Essential Job Duties
- Plans monthly calendar and creates day to day activity programs.
- Records attendance and patient/resident response to activity or interaction with the Activities Coordinator.
- Reports changes in resident’s physical wellbeing to nursing staff.
- Facilitates activities with each patient/resident as ordered and or instructed.
- Maintains documentation required by the organization and other governing bodies.
- Plans, coordinates, and participates in taking patient/resident outside.
- Works directly with nursing and volunteer staff as an active team member.
- Produces monthly calendar.
- Maintains equipment and supplies for patient/resident.
· Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each patient, resident.
· Participates in team discussions and planning.
· Works directly under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
· Completes other duties as assigned.
· High School graduate.
· Team player, enthusiastic and positive, and professional.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven computer skills, (word, excel, internet) resourceful and creative.
· Self-motivated and pro-active.
· Organized and detail-oriented with ability to multitask.
· Full knowledge of patients’ rights.
· Exudes professionalism in presentation.
· Able to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
· Must be able to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in the English language.
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 20lbs frequently and 50lbs occasionally.
Must be able to sit and walk for extended periods of time.
Must be able to bend, squat, push, stoop and pull as needed.