Pay: $16.79 to $22.89/hour
Wages is dependent on years of experience in this role
Job Status: Full Time
Coordinates the processing of fees for professional services provided to patients within a specified group of clinical areas, for the purpose of reimbursement. Analyzes patient medical records to assure that documentation by providers conforms to legal and procedural requirements. Assigns specified codes to medical diagnoses, treatments and/or clinical procedures. Interacts with physicians and other providers regarding billing and documentation policies and procedures of the health care system.
- Internal and external customer service
- Coding; selecting and assigning proper ICD10, CPT, & HCPCS codes
- Abstracting; to compile statistical data and training
- Monitors billing performance
- Adhere and support WCH policy, procedures and practices
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned
- Performs specific work duties and projects assigned by supervisor
- Assist in compiling of statistical and quality data
- Interdepartmental communication in verbal or written formats
- Implement new systems as the occur
Telecommuting may be an option after training period - not guaranteed.
Wickenburg Community Hospital is proud to be a 100% tobacco free campus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
WCH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. WCH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WCH expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WCH employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.